Tuesday, August 5, 2008

MAMMA MIA MOVIE TIME!

hey folks! first of all thank u for the lovely comments! it's quite nice to get them u kno!

anywhoo, I actually saw Mamma Mia about last week but got home so late that I didn't bother to take any good pics. So, before "fashion time" decided to tell you a little about the movie.

HIGHLIGHTS:
-plot (just like the Broadway show! so simple and is nice from Hollywood's same old stories)
-the cast (I found Amanda Seyfried's character in Mean Girls hilarious and even though I'm not a huge fan of Meryl Streep, her singing and acting were very cool. plus Colin Firth was there too.)
-the songs (ok, seriously, who DOES NOT want to stand in their seat and just belt out "Dancing Queen"?? it's everybody's guilty pleasure!)
- setting (I'm not sure where they filmed it but it really reminded me of Santorini and the town of Oia (SISTERHOOD!!!) and it was probably one of the most beautiful places I visited so seeing another Greek town that looked awesome was cool)

LOWLIGHTS:
-older/younger relationship (ok, this is a semi-spoiler but one of the friends of Meryl's has this semi-relationship with a guy like 20 years younger than her. i kno it's part of the story but still, ew!)
-Pierce Brosnan (acting was all right but really, he can't sing. like he's not a William Hung or anything but you kinda cringe when his mouth starts to sing the lyrics)


NOW FOR THE OUTFITS!


shirt: Pacsun
dress: Pacsun
tights: American Apparel
Keds: DSW

It's pretty different from what I wear on a regular basis and definitely more girly. But I always find my style has more "California" in it because it's very simple and kinda beachy so I really like this look. Still got to work better on the poses (maybe need that vogueing guy from ANTM, benny ninja or something??? HE WILL HELP ME!!!!)

Next post is either gonna be something for school (so like heavier material) or an update on a DIY which I have like 3 sorta in the works.

Stay tuned,

Monty!


5 comments:

emily said...

you look cute and i really want to see that movie!

Anonymous said...

hey btw monty i really like this outfit...may i ask why you never woe it to school? like thanks for never allowing me to ever see it in real life!!

jks...but it is really cute

kass

Squishybubble said...

Oooo cute outfit!! Your blog is really cool (I love the teeny bopper post....it is soooo true!) Wanna link up??

yiqin; said...

You look really good in turquoise!!! I need to catch that movie soon! It is not released in Singapore yet :(

Anonymous said...

this is one of the only plays i've ever seen, which ended up being great... it's funny to think of ol' Pierce taking a stab at singing, yeeesh