Thursday, August 14, 2008

Going Mad For Plaid

Evening folks! First of all, I would like to say that the lack of posts is not because I hate you lovely peoples. I am very busy with watching the Olympics (haha, yes that is all I do besides eating, sleeping, playing soccer and going to the library). Can I say that Eamon Sullivan, Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte are cute! I want a swimmer BF! haha

So, like all my friends (Sugar Pop and Jazzer have blogs!), I have this thing with plaid. It wasn't as apparent in my younger years but I guess since I met so many Scottish teens (who are now friends) on my October cruise, it's been rising (along with my desire to go to the UK). Anyways, a few years back, my dad went to his graduation ceremony for his MBA, which was in Scotland. As a souvenir, he brought back kilts for my mom, sister and I. While I can't wear the one I got (I've grown quite a bit since I was 7) my mom was like "You can take mine, I don't like it". So, now I've got an actual Scottish kilt and since I'm being cheap right now, I'm calling it vintage since it's been 7 years since we first bought it (I consider clothing vintage once 5 years since anyone wore it. It's reasonable). 

Picture Time!
tank (underneath): Kohl's
shirt: Macy's (Harajuku Lovers! pretty cheap, only $18)
skirt: Scotland (store name unknown)
tights: American Apparel (yes, there is quite an overuse of these tights)
flats: Macy's
necklace (coin): gift (it's some ancient coin. cool)
necklace (charm): chain-Macy's; music note charm-Turkey (this is quite international)
ring: my grandma's who gave it to my godmother who gave it to me

Just saw Phelps win ANOTHER race. Holy schmucks! I need his autograph/picture/ANYTHING OF HIS! haha, yes this is how lame I am.

Also, Squishybubble gave me some kind of award. Thank you (since this is not a great blog at all)

Here's what I have to do:
1. When you've received a diamond, make a blog about it (check)
2. name the blogger you got it from (check)
3. award the diamond to seven other bloggers (uh, I did 5)
4. link them (check)
5. tell them about it (later)

O shit, giving this to 7 bloggers. OK, well, let's give it to Jazzer of Nevermind the Bollocks, , 
Here's the Jazzer, Miss. Freak of Fasionable Freak, Ellie of Ellie, yiqin; of Qin At The Disco and Sam of the Wandering Alchemist. 

Watching Beijing 2008!
Monty

10 comments:

meliindaa. said...

haha i've been watching olympics too ;] you look cute in the plaid!

Anonymous said...

I love plaid! Especially for fall. Adorable outfit.

Cait said...

Hey, love this post. Keep it coming.

Romeika said...

You look very cute with the plaided skirt.

Squishybubble said...

Looooooooove plaid!! I am jeeeealous of your "vintage" kilt! heh heh!

yiqin; said...

Ah I am so jealous of your plaid skirt! & yes phelps is like a fish!!!!! Hahahah congrats for your award! Thanks for giving it to me tooo :D

Fashion Addict said...

I love the Olympics and it does distract me from blogging too! I love plaid and you look great! Oh and congrats on your award!

BTW, would you like to link up with my blog?

Gabsterr said...

plaid plaid plaid!

the olympics are amazing

Ashley Wilkins said...

That skirt is amazing.

Elisa Kwon said...

dude. i already gave you that award. pssht. lol

(my 4 plaid skirts own yours)