Saturday, July 5, 2008

OK, I'M BACK!

ok, for some very weird reason, people actually thought this blog was cool (ok, semi-cool) and that I should continue. So I am and I will start off with a countdown.
5 Bands/Singers I Would Like To See In Concert

5. Jack's MannequinSo, back in the day, I used to watch One Tree Hill and heard this song on the show. Go on the net, research a bit and bang! I find out about this band. With Andrew McMahon's voice and the soulful lyrics plus some cool piano playing, seeing them would definitely be a lighter up in the air experience (or as seen in their Mixed Tape vid, a cellphone in the air experience).

4. Radiohead Ok, so I'm not the biggest Radiohead fan but I have to love their musicality. While the lyrics are nonsense (hey, I'm not being mean, even Thom Yorke stated that ALL his lyrics were nonsense so I'm just using his words!) the drums, the guitars, everything makes you feel so many different things. Just being in concert would be a rush of emotions which would only make that night completely spectacular!

3. Kate Nash Kate Nash reminds me of myself in a bad mood. Which is to say, don't get in her way or else your idiocy is gonna turn into a smash hit (well, the smash hit part is different, for her it means a good song, to me it means that I'm gonna kick you) She talks about failed relationships and mundane objects but it all seems to come together in the end. I can imagine at her concerts, all the inspiration she would bring to myself since she talks about things we can all relate to.

2. The Ting Tings I've already talked about how much I love the Ting Tings, so it's only right that I want to go to their concert. This is actually a concert full of music that would make everybody dance or move or sing along. It just has that right beat and that tune which is only satisfied by doing something. Unfortunately, their concert here was for the 19+ crowd which meant that I couldn't go see them. 'Tis a shame. And the number 1 group I loved to see in concert...

1. Roisin Murphy
Here is a person who is completely unique. From her style to her lyrics and to the the genre she produces, Roisin is a lady that knows what she is and embraces it. I want to see her concerts because they just seem that they would be full of unexpected stuff and that makes her concerts truly her own.


Well, there is my countdown
I'll post other stuff soon

Monty!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It can be as mellow as you make it to be...

Are you sure you wanna see Radiohead? They always make their fans be environmentally friendly cos they're all GLOBAL WARMING obsessed (er...something you disagree with?) lol Their lyrics may be nonsense, but the point is that random worlds contribute to the atmosphere they are trying to create.

Yeah Roison Murphy! (i lost my copy of Ruby Blue btw :( *sad*)

Anonymous said...

Yea I know what you mean, but they're really big on the whole Global Warming thing themselve. But who cares...yada yada yada..

No I actually had it ripped on my computer, but I'm still sad that I misplaced the solid record, y'know :(

ellie said...

I love Jack's mannequin (I'm not sure I can spell it though) The stories with the songs are just so cool...they should be movies.

The Ting Tings have to be one of my favorites this summer.

Anonymous said...

I love this list. Kate Nash...The Ting Tings, radio head.

Hope you had a fun weekend.