Thursday, July 31, 2008

THE CONCERT THAT KNOCKS YOUR SOCKS OFF!


Hey peoples!

OK, so I KNOW I would put up concert photos here, UNFORTUNATELY, do to my crap seat (3rd level!) and that they took away our Nikon D60, my cell was the only thing to use as my camera and it wasn't very good, so I can't put photos up (VERY VERY SORRY!!). Well, the concert was SO FRIGGIN' AMAZING. The whole crowd was just kinda waiting for Coldplay to get on the stage (i think it was like a bit after 9 before they came on and we thought it was gonna start earlier...) but once they started to play "Life In Technicolour" EVERYBODY WENT CRAZY. Like everybody screaming at once and all of us just waiting for the sheer black curtains to come up, it was insane!!!!!!! So, I COULD give you guys a recap on EVERY song they played but a) you would probably start to hate the post cuz it would be too long and b) i can't remember the complete order they played in. Instead, here's a list of songs (only the first 3 songs and the last song are in the right order) they played.
Life In Technicolor
Violet Hill

Viva La Vida
The Scientist
In My Place
Fix You

Yellow

42
Lost!

Strawberry Swing
Lovers In Japan/Reign of Love
Speed of Sound

Politik
Death Will Never Conquer
Clocks
Death and All His Friends (my favourite track!!!)

and a few others I can't quite remember...

It was so cool with Chris dancing all around the stage, Jonny playing his guitar hard, Will murdering the drums (in a good way of course) and Guy just calmly doing his bass thing. And they kept moving! One part they went to this little lighted stage and performed a few songs there and then randomly they went up to one of the stair entrances and sang "The Scientist" and then had Will sing a song because tomorrow was his first birthday of his 30s (which means it's today!). I of course got the expensive merchandise (bag and t-shirt) and I kept hopping up and down because of the concert buzz.

BUT there was one thing that ruined the night! When Santogold (the opening act) was playing, these 2 random older people with Coldplay All Access passes went to our section and the people BEHIND me, got front row tickets!!! I WAS SO PISSED THAT THE 2 SQUEALY GIRLS GOT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO, here are 2 tips if you EVER want to be in that position (it's a long shot but these tips I believe will help you!)
1. Buy a shirt (yes, the shirt is actually useful!) and then immediately wear it (this is what I didn't do...)
2. Go with friends or family who looks young (i.e a sibling or cousin) not your parents (i went with my mom)

WHY???
BECAUSE they want screaming kids who want to fling themselves on the stage at the front, NOT me and my mom who basically hates all kinds of music (ok, not hate just doesn't like) and is most likely to sleep (I love you mom but seriously, STOP SLEEPING!) during the concert.
With the binoculars (well, we knew our seats sucked so we brought them to get better looks at the guys faces) i think i saw a larger group (all wearing T-shirts and no parents in site) also get front row tickets (pretty sure same people gave it to them!). I was pretty upset. So I vowed that if I ever got big or worked with someone big (most likely 2nd option) that I would put kids with their parents in the front because I know what it feels like to have to bring your parent because friends can't come .
Well, thank you for the comments!

Tomorrow is most likely going to be the first fashion post!

Monty!

2 comments:

Jillian Hobbs said...

Umm... I HATE YOU!
haha I'm so so glad you had a lovely time hun! I'm so happy you wrote that long description too so that I can live vicariously through your story! lol

<3 ta ta for now!

1234 said...

OMG YOU WENT TO COLDPLAY!! You have no idea how jelois I am. They were going to come to my city, then canceled a week later.