Monday, July 7, 2008

Band of the Week: Edition 2!

Hey there
Decided to do another edition of "Band of the Week"
Hopefully you can also start to listen to them since they're pretty good (well, I think they're good)


Band of the Week: Digitalism


So, I live in Canada. And just as many people see videos on youtube and other web video sites, I see some of mine on muchmusic.com (it's basically a Canadian MTV, even though we do have a Canadian MTV). So they placed advertisements before the videos and one was from Virgin Mobile. And they kept playing this song over and over. I do a little research and find my Band of the Week. Here is the ad.




I learned that the song was called "Pogo" (it does not relate to the corn dogs that make me sick) and it is seriously awesome. Another techno-esque band, I really love the sound they produce. It's very slick and cool and I find that once again, this should be played at parties and not rap (see Rant Time for the whole thing). Also, as a cool note, I found out about this band before the people at MuchMusic (ok, for future reference, MuchMusic when on TV is very Top 40 BUT their blog, found at the website muchmusic.com, is different and is always looking for different sounds, such as this band, so I thought it was cool that I beat them to it, since they usually beat me)


Well, that is the end of that edition.
Keep posting comments since I really love hearing what you have to say (plus, it looks like I have people visiting this site. haha)


Monty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you seem to really "dig" these new electro-dance groups lately. Have you heard their remixes of The Cure's Fire in Cairo or of Depeche's Never Let me Down Again? Not bad, but can't beat the originals.

ellie said...

cool. thanks for posting about this band.

thanks for the comment too.