Wednesday, June 25, 2008

RANT TIME!

haha, sry that I have been away for awhile, thought people could post more (and they did, up to 4 now peoples!)

OK, so right now I just graduated gr.8 (yes, very sad indeed) and yesterday night, we had our grad party/dance/dinner. So why would I rant about this? Grad is supposed to be a time full of fun and laughs and tears and LOTS MORE! Well, right now I will talk about the DJ and well more importantly the MUSIC. AND MY QUESTION IS...

Why do DJs think rap is a good genre to dance too???

OK, I'm not a huge fan of rap, I like the occasional song and all but really, it's at the bottom of my list. But there are lots of people who do like rap, and what I don't get is how you dance to it? Ya there are some songs that I don't really like but AT LEAST there is a beat you can dance to (example: Whine Up) but stuff by Lil' Wayne and by Flo Rida, seriously, the ONLY way you can dance is by looking like a whore (i.e. you gyrate your butt and do this in front of a guy or with a bunch of girls in a line). HONESTLY, I know some of my favourite music is hard to dance and stuff but can't they play Daft Punk or Ok Go or possibly the Fray for slow songs? DOES IT ALL NEED TO BE OF THE RAP/R&B GENRE???

seriously! I AM IN NEED OF A MUSICAL REVOLUTION FOR DANCES (haha, reference to Esthero!).

anyone care to elaborate

Good Night y'all
Monty!

No comments: