Thursday, June 19, 2008

Band of the Week!

Well, it's been another day of blogging again with comments (still 2!) but I will persevere.

So, for this post I decided to do a Band of the Week thing where I just highlight one of my favourite bands of the moment and talk about why there music is so damn cool and why people should take a listen.

Today's Band: The Ting Tings!

Lately, I've been becoming more and more of a fan of UK bands (possibly because of my Scot friends or that they just make really cool music) and one of those bands are the Ting Tings. Now, I bet you think I started to notice them because of that Apple commercial (with Shut Up and Let Me Go) but actually I started to notice them when I started to watch the web series, Sofia's Diary (get a Bebo account to see the episodes!)

Now, personally when I heard they were kind of techno, I really thought I would hate them since most techno to me is pretty boring but I gave it a chance and realized these guys were awesome! Formed by Jules De Martino and Katie White, these guys produced loud, in your face, dancing music with in the cheek lyrics that make you want to sing (or shout) along. Right now, my fave song is That's Not My Name (partly because so many people get that wrong with me and I know there name. Morons).

If you haven't checked out this band, go to their Myspace (at http://www.myspace.com/thetingtings) and take a listen to their album, We Started Nothing (which I find ironic since they started a huge craze for dance-pop-techno).

Hopefully with more comments I can post some lyrics which took me a full 5 minutes to sing and possibly 15 minutes to write down so if you want to see them, comment please!

Tune in soon,
Monty!

4 comments:

emily said...

the ting tings kick ass. and techno is awesome, too.

man, people start getting comments so fast nowadays! i dont know how ppl do it.... i've been blogging for over a year and i get like 5 per post xD
ahaha i sound like an old lady

Anonymous said...

"Monty"- reminds me of Mr Burns. lol
Techno? I wouldn't say they were techno, more like dance-rock-pop (if thats even a term.) ERGH. Gotta stop classifying things. I don't like classifications.

Elisa Kwon said...

MONTY (it is mr. burns like...haw) justin likes the ting tings, i haven't really checked them out yet...maybe i will?
i like how now you have 3, but 2 of them are from people you know...so...yeah

Snookums said...

"Shut up and let me go!"

Hahaha, the Ting Tings are quite good.

I like "That's not my Name" also.

Anyway, awesome blog.
Keep at it!
=)